geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Fail to deploy basic web app in 1.1
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 19:39:54 GMT
Hi All,
I am trying to deploy, should I say migrate?, an extremely basic web app (HelloWorld) from
Geronimo
v1.0 to v1.1.  I updated the deployment plan to reflect the latest changes but the deployer
tool
fails to deploy.

Command I used:
java -jar deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy \HelloWorld\HelloWorld.war

\HelloWorld\geronimo-web.xml

Error received:
Error: Unable to distribute HelloWorld.war: Cannot deploy the
requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that
does not have EJB support installed.
(planFile=E:\HelloWorld\geronimo-web.xml,
moduleFile=E:\geronimo-1.1\var\temp\geronimo-deployer2691.tmpdir\HelloWorld.war)

Deployment plan geronimo-web.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1">
   <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>HelloWorld</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
       <dep:type>war</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
   </dep:environment>
   <context-root>/hello</context-root>
</web-app>

The .war contains the JSP and WEB-INF\web.xml which, just in case, I am attaching too. The
build I'm
using is from last Friday.

Any idea what am I missing?

Thanks in advance