geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Creating a separate mailing list for XBean?
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 11:06:34 GMT
I XBean large enough to become a standalone project given that it has broader applicability
outside
of Geronimo?  From what I know now other projects to Geronimo that use XBean are ActiveMQ,
OpenEJB
and XFire.  As you indicated below Geronimo would then be one more consumer on the previous
list.

I'm not sure of the pros and cons but since Geronimo has itself, DayTrader, Dev Tools and
now XBean
that are all versioned separately is there a logical division that makes sense?

The reason I started down this line of thinking was that given the issues at Codehaus I was

considering if we should bring TranQL over as well.  I was talking with Gianny and it makes
sense at
least for the connectors and Vendor RAR piece but it too is not really large enough to stand
on its own.

Apart from adding more confusion to your e-mail below not sure I answered your question :)

Matt