geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: 1.2 Release - Whats in it and when?
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 22:06:11 GMT
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> 1.1 is almost complete and its time to start thinking about 1.2.
> Aaron summarized the discussion at Java One in his note.  I believe
> Aaron even volunteered to be the release manager for 1.2 :)

Isn't that like leaving the fox in charge of the chicken coop?  ;)

> Here's my 2c to get this off the ground.
>
> Also, I am interested in improving our inherent monitoring capability
> which currently is ghastly. This includes additional counters and
> metrics.  A GUI representation in the Console as well as perhaps
> collaborating with Alan on ARM instrumenting the server if he'll let
> me :)

Whoot!

/me sets out the welcome matt...

FWIW, Simone Bordet and I will be instrumenting OpenEJB, AMQ, JDBC,
Axis2, Jetty and Tomcat for v1.2 with ARM.  We'll have JMX monitors and
all sorts of other goodies.

BTW, we sure could use some help.

> I would prefer to not make this overly painful and ship something in
> short order.  Per Aaron's notes and I concur with this idea we should
> work on 12 week release cycles.  8 weeks for development and 4 for
> release / bug fixes, etc.  On this track we should cut a dev branch
> from head at the end of July and ship at the end of August.
>
> I would also like to focus on cleaning up the JIRAs (some that are
> two-years old are too old).
>
> Upgrading our dependencies (there are newer versions of AMQ, Logging,
> and a whole host of other packages).
>
> It would be nice if there was some XBean activity but that's more
> Dain's area.  (It would be really nice to include dynamic dll support
> in XBean like OSGi; hint hint)
OSGi!  OSGi!  Can we use Felix?

Regards,
Alan