geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Server Configurations
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 06:08:09 GMT
I was planning on fixing the geronimo.bat and geronimo.sh scripts (as
part of GERONIMO-1638) to remove the GERONIMO_BASE environment variable
(that is no longer valid and AFAIK never worked properly) and add
GERONIMO_SERVER_NAME and GERONIMO_SERVER_DIR environment variables to be
in sync with the changes.

If we feel that this area is subject to change (since you indicated it
is in the 1.1 code to play with) then maybe the following should be done:
* Remove the GERONIMO_BASE from the startup scripts to avoid confusion
* Rename the newly introduced system properties to have have an "X"
prefix to indicate they are experimental (following what Dain has done
for other experimental properties), specifically rename:

org.apache.geronimo.server.dir ---> Xorg.apache.geronimo.server.dir
org.apache.geronimo.server.name ---> Xorg.apache.geronimo.server.name

I also agree with Aaron's comment "I think it will be much nicer to look
in the configuration directory and see config/ log/ security/ etc
instead of just seeing "var"".

Comments?

John