geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Server Configurations
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 23:55:31 GMT
I'm fine for leaving the code in 1.1 to play with but I'm -1 in promoting it in 1.1.  This
should be
a 1.2 item.  One of the reasons we end up making disruptive changes later in the release is
we don't
have time to think this through and we'll be unhappy with the answer and end up tweaking it
next time.

That said, for 1.2 this is really needed as clustering will probably take shape.  I'd prefer
start the discussion now and finish it in 1.2.  Here's my 2c.

geronimo/servers/default
geronimo/servers/foo
geronimo/servers/server1
geronimo/servers/server2

A major grouping off of Geronimo makes sense so we can group servers together.  It would make
sense
to me to leave geronimo/var as the legacy, single server and the above as the clustered convention.