geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Please try out the upgrade jar
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 14:30:21 GMT
I've also noticed another difference between the 1.0 and 1.1 deployment
plans.

Concerning the following xml:

   <security-realm-name>geronimo-properties-realm</security-realm-name>
   <security>
     <default-principal>
       <principal name="anonymous"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"/>
     </default-principal>
     <role-mappings>
       <role role-name="tomcat">
         <principal name="admin"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"/>
       </role>
     </role-mappings>
   </security>

IIRC, for *G1.0*, certain applications required this xml in order to
deploy/start properly on Jetty.  It was *not* required for Tomcat.

For *G1.1*, it seems that these security settings are required for both
Jetty and Tomcat.  The point is that Jetty applications will migrate
fine though Tomcat applications may now require these few additional
lines of xml.

Perhaps the Upgrade tool should account for this case..

Thanks
-Dave-