geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat version in G1.1 for clustering
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 18:54:52 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>>
>> *Problem1*
>> When testing Sticky session, my browser locks unto a particular
>> cluster member (e.g. node1) due to the nodeid in the cookie. If I kill
>> node1, the session fails over into node2 and all my session data is
>> still present. This is good.
>> The nodeid in the cookie continues to say node1 (this is also true w/
>> TC 5.5.9 w/ and mod-jk)..
> ok, this is probably not desired behavior for a cluster with more than 2
> nodes.
> For this to work correctly, you need to have the JvmRouteBinderValve
> configured in tomcat.
> This valve, will rewrite the sessionId to include the new jvmRoute,
> node2 in your scenario.
>
> Filip

Updated the deployment plan with the new Valve (included in the Valve
Chain) and all now works as expected.  After failover, the cookie is
updated with the nodeid of the new server that processes the request.

  <gbean name="JvmRouteBinderValve"
     class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ValveGBean">
     <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteBinderValve</attribute>
     <attribute name="initParams">
         enabled=true
     </attribute>
</gbean>