geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: configuration dependencies
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 12:32:47 GMT
Anita,

Sorry for the long delay ... had queued this up to look at later and
later finally arrived.  :-)

On the first change we should probably remove unnecessary dependencies
such as jetty in rmi-naming and system-database.  I'm sure there are
plenty more.

I'll defer to Aaron on the way versions for dependencies are specified
in the console geronimo-plugin.xml.  It seems like the best approach is
to omit the version if possible as with many of the  other dependencies
listed.   My guess is that there must have been multiple versions
available in the system for activemq and some other modules where they
are "hard coded".  This may be resolved by now and we might be able to
omit the activemq version entirely.

Can you describe the second patch some more?  What is the goal?  I
recall that you were trying to build the assemblies without building the
configurations (by just downloading the plugins).  This would provide a
faster "build" (really assembly creation) if you had no need to build
any of the contents of any of the configurations.  However, I'm not
certain that is a common case.

Joe