geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject G1.1 Tomcat Clustering - Good news
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 18:10:10 GMT
Now that we have officially upgraded to TC 5.5.15, I've gone back and
retried the clustering tests and it looks like G1.1 clustering is now
working with TC5.5.15!!

The "Unable to send message through cluster sender" exception that was
being thrown was caused by a problem in the application deployment plan.
  Specifically, the tcpListen address had extra whitespace on the end
that creates this problem.  Seems this should be trimmed automatically.

<gbean name="TomcatReceiver"
         class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.cluster.ReceiverGBean">
         <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener</attribute>
         <attribute name="initParams">
             tcpListenAddress=192.168.0.1 <!-- there was whitespace here
-->
             tcpListenPort=4001
             tcpSelectorTimeout=100
             tcpThreadCount=6
         </attribute>
     </gbean>

Anyway, it seems that we can change this value to auto (e.g.
  tcpListenAddress=auto) for TC 5.5.15 and all works well.

-Dave-