geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: hot deployment directory
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 13:24:07 GMT

SFHD is similar to hot deployer but has these differences:

- It is not an integrated part of the server itself.   It is a gbean
itself that must be deployed into the server to use it.
- It only takes action when the SFHD gbean is started (which is
typically during server startup).   Hot Deploy monitors files for
changes at any time.
- It monitors just one directory for one deployable element
- It controls the life-cycle of the element it deploys.   I'm not sure
if hot deploy does this as well.  For example, a war deployed via this
mechanism is not added to the server config.xml for auto-start.

You might want to consider my patches to SFHD as well included in
geronmio-1946 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1946 .
These haven't been blessed by Dain yet so they may change some.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net