geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Clustering: Monitoring...
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 15:51:53 GMT
I'd like to kick off a thread about the monitoring of clustered
deployments...

There is a section in the 1,000ft Clustering Overview
(http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Clustering),
but little content, due to the fact that there has been little
discussion about this subject on the list...

Obviously we can use standard tools etc to monitor individual nodes in a
cluster - but, if you want to aggregate all the stats together, for a
clusterwide view of what is going on in your deployment, life becomes a
little more complicated....

I have a few ideas, but I haven't done much reading around this area, so
it may be that there are already specs and standard ways of achieving
all of this. if there are and you know of them, please shout. If not,
lets throw it open to discussion....

thanks for your time,

Jules

crystallises out around it."