geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Questions about www.geronimoplugins.com site
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:44:10 GMT
<head>
</head>
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

Jeff Genender wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I offer a +0 instead of a +1 as I still think there needs to be some
hammering out of the details...but I am ok with where we are at and the
direction we will be going.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
If Alan has rescinded his veto (I haven't seen that on the list
yet), and there is precedent for an Apache app to have its
find-it search look at non-ASF sites (with potentially conflicting
licences) first by default, then I will change my veto also.
  </pre>
-0<br>
I prefer that the default site be hosted at ASF, but this will do in a
pinch.&nbsp; It is my understanding that all Geronimo commiters will have
access to this default site.&nbsp; It is also my understanding that updates
to this default site are not tied to Geronimo releases and that
external projects/companies can expect some sort of reasonable SLA for
the registration of their plugins; I would think that a 72 hour
turnaround is reasonable.<br>
The default site should also manage the list of plugin _sites_.&nbsp; This
way projects/companies can add their own plugin site w/out having to
wait for a Geronimo release.&nbsp; Again, some sort of reasonable SLA for
the registration of their
plugin site; I would think that a 72 hour turnaround is also
reasonable.&nbsp; Users could use this to update their console list of
available sites.&nbsp; <br>
In short the list of plugins on the default site should be virtually
updatable by the community w/out waiting for Geronimo releases and the
list of plugin sites should be virtually updatable by the community
w/out waiting for Geronimo releases.<br>
I recommend that we create a new Jira component for the purpose of
plugin&nbsp; and plugin site registration requests.<br>
I prefer that it be named .org but, that's a trivial matter.<br>
Regards,<br>
Alan<br>