geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Questions about www.geronimoplugins.com site
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 19:18:44 GMT

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> I am volunteering to research with Infra to find out what it would
> take.  I think we at least need to understand what is possible and not
> simply speculate on it.

Speaking w/ my infra hat, there is a strong aversion to single-sourcing
resources on ASF infra when they can be mirrored or embedded.

I don't think we'd want to host plugins here unless we could mirror the
repo.  I'd imagine millions of copies of Geronimo banging away walking
the repo would irritate someone :)

(Also, remember the joke "Don't reboot the JBoss server - Sourceforge is
down so the schemas won't resolve...")

That's why I suggested changing the model so that there is a simple
meta-data document that Geronimo the software reads to get info on
either the plug-in list a set of URLs to plug-in lists...

geir