geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Questions about www.geronimoplugins.com site
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:27:43 GMT
Your point about the number of available plugins is valid.  One way to mitigate that is to
have the
internal plugin component enhanced to use the list of plugin sites so they can all be searched
and a
comprehensive list of plugins from all sites presented to the user with the source of the
plugin
displayed alongside the plugin.  Then it doesn't matter how many or where the sites are.
If the
sites are up then the content will be displayed, if they're down then the content is invisible.

This way the user doesn't have to iterate through the sites individually which is a problem
that we
have today regardless of what the default is.

Would this enhancement resolve the issues as Geronimo can be the default, the user's life
is
simplified and the number and location of the sites is not the primary issue.  The site's
that have
the content would be visible next to teh plugin so the user can select the one they want.

Another enhancement would be for the plugin manger to list and display an optional license
file that
is included in the plugin so users would be able to get that information about what license
they are
accepting.

Matt