geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <>
Subject Re: Questions about site
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:05:13 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I have to disagree with putting up an ASF option as the default.
> Let's say there are 50 plugins produced by Apache and 70 by outsiders.
> We have a choice to make the default a repository containing 50
> entries, or a repository containing 120 entries.  What makes sense?

Here's a alternative idea...

How about hosting the directory/metadata of plugins at the ASF (or even
cooler, do something mirrored to avoid the ire of infra when Geronimo is
ubiquitous) and just have URLs to the plugin locations...?

Then that drives all plug-in authors to come and "register" them here -
just send a message to the mail list to have it included...

Then it doesn't matter - you can list plugins under all licenses
(including proprietary) - and they are hosted where they are hosted, if
you know what I mean.  No worries about Apache hosting things that
aren't from the ASF, etc.

View raw message