geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Maven Repo Issue for 1.1 release
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 17:10:12 GMT

On May 24, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> +1 to having a way to download all the dependencies you need with or
> in addition to the source.  I'm fine if it's effectively a ~/.maven
> repository, which we should be able to generate by doing a clean build
> on a regular (weekly?) basis.  It could also be something checked into
> Subversion, but I'm afraid this would gather a lot of cruft, so we'd
> have to aggressively prune anything in there that was no longer
> needed.

I'm pretty iffy on putting a maven repo repro into svn. For one, it
becomes incorrect anytime a version is upgraded (I guess this isn't
so bad, if it's properly described...). Also, I don't care for
automated task to be doing a commit into svn and I don't want to be
doing the commit by hand on a weekly basis. I also don't care for
large binary data being held in svn. I typically have the entire
geronimo tree checked out. This would (unless we use an entirely
different tree) potentially add multiple repo repro's into geronimo svn.

I'd be all for the weekly unstable build process being used to
package all necessary dependencies and make them available for
download along with the unstable build src. The repo should be
cleaned out prior to every unstable build. I'm also in favor of
having a maven repo download available that corresponds to the 1.1
release and is available on the download page (if possible).

--kevan