geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aaron Mulder (JIRA)" <...@geronimo.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (GERONIMO-2026) 1.1 Server fails to start by throwing an InvalidConfigException for JMXService GBean
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 15:39:06 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2026?page=comments#action_12402330 ] 

Aaron Mulder commented on GERONIMO-2026:
----------------------------------------

The installer may be deferred for 1.1 since it's gotten a bit out of sync with the rest of
the product again.  Are you interested in helping out with it?

> 1.1 Server fails to start by throwing an InvalidConfigException for JMXService GBean
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: GERONIMO-2026
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2026
>      Project: Geronimo
>         Type: Bug
>     Security: public(Regular issues) 
>   Components: startup/shutdown
>     Versions: 1.1
>  Environment: 1) Windows XP	Intel 32bit	Sun Java 1.4.2_11	DHCP
> 2) Windows XP	Intel 32bit	Sun Java 1.5.0_01	DHCP
> 3) Open Suse 10.0	Intel 32bit	Sun Java 1.4.2_11	DHCP
> 4) Fedora Core v5	Intel 32bit	Sun Java 1.4.2_11	DHCP
>     Reporter: Shiva Kumar H R
>     Priority: Blocker

>
> Apache Geronimo v1.1 was downloaded from http://cvs.apache.org/repository/geronimo/distributions/
and I used the following snapshot "geronimo-installer-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar      13-May-2006 13:15
  54M"
> 1) Installation was successfull, except for the following exception (during the last
dialog box)
> Found var: TRACE value = false
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.installer.processing.ConfigThread.run(ConfigInstaller.java:357)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get method object "execute" from LocalConfigInstaller
class
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.installer.processing.ConfigWorker.initLocalConfigInstaller(ConfigInstaller.java:154)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.installer.processing.ConfigWorker.init(ConfigInstaller.java:192)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.installer.processing.ConfigWorker.doit(ConfigInstaller.java:135)
> 	... 5 more
> Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception while executing:
ConfigWorker.doit()
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.installer.processing.ConfigThread.run(ConfigInstaller.java:360)
> Configuration complete.
> FixTextLines: C:\Program Files\Apache Geronimo\var\config\config.xml initial rename failed.
> FixTextLines: C:\Program Files\Apache Geronimo\var\temp\config.xml final rename failed.
> FixTextLines processing complete.
> 2) Trying to start the server fails with the following Exceptions:
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_01)...
> Starting Geronimo Application Server v1.1-SNAPSHOT
> [***-                 ] 14%   4s  Loading geronimo/j2ee-security/1....19:23:49,
> 25 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED
> tate: abstractName="geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=g
> ronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car"
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: No attribute: url for
> gbean: geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=geronimo/j2ee-secu
> ity/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=JMXService
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.setAt
> ributes(LocalAttributeManager.java:178)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.apply
> verrides(LocalAttributeManager.java:135)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$$Fast
> lassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMetho
> Invoker.java:38)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperati
> n.java:122)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance
> java:817)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:
> 7)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOpera
> ionInvoker.java:35)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pr
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.PersistentConfigurationList$$Enhan
> erByCGLIB$$a8a053e2.applyOverrides(<generated>)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration
> java:279)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown So
> rce)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBean
> nstance.java:933)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStar
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInst
> nceState.java:102)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.
> ava:526)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startGBean(BasicKernel.
> ava:361)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.load(Ke
> nelConfigurationManager.java:157)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:285)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:228)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(KernelConfigurationManager.java:111)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager$$FastCl
> ssByCGLIB$$b117102f.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMetho
> Invoker.java:38)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperati
> n.java:122)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance
> java:817)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:
> 7)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOpera
> ionInvoker.java:35)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pr
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$Enha
> cerByCGLIB$$bf2ecaf1.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:284)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:367)
> [***-                 ] 14%   4s Startup failed
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of geronimo/j2ee-sec
> rity/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car failed
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:300)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:228)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(KernelConfigurationManager.java:111)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager$$FastCl
> ssByCGLIB$$b117102f.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMetho
> Invoker.java:38)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperati
> n.java:122)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance
> java:817)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:
> 7)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOpera
> ionInvoker.java:35)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pr
> xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$Enha
> cerByCGLIB$$bf2ecaf1.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:284)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:367)
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Error star
> ing configuration gbean geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.load(Ke
> nelConfigurationManager.java:176)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadCon
> iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:285)
>         ... 15 more
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Configurati
> n gbean failed to start geronimo/j2ee-security/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car
>         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.load(Ke
> nelConfigurationManager.java:159)
>         ... 16 more
> Server shutdown begun
> Server shutdown completed

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message