geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re-migration to m2 - status and discussion.
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 12:17:15 GMT
Prasad,
    Thanks! More inline..

--- Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have all the applications migrated to M2 now. But I have a problem
> using the jspc-maven-plugin to precompile the JSPs. I hope Jeff can
> help me here.
>
> The jspc-maven-plugin is configured in the parent pom and executed by
> the pom in each application. Please find attached the parent pom
> (goes
> in geronimo/application dir) and a pom from uddi-db application (goes
> in geronimo/application/uddi-db dir).
>
> Here are the problems.
> 1. Using the the jspc-maven-plugin makes it execute the other plugins
> in the pom twice. I guess this is being caused when the lifecycle is
> forked. See the attached mvn.log from the uddi-db app. How can I get
> around it ?
     Try moving the <plugins> in the applications-parent to a
pluginManagement section. This allows all the child poms to inherit the
configurations. They are executed only when the child pom invokes the
plugin (similar to dependencyManagement). Which lifecycle phase is the
jspc plugin bound to ?

Thanks
Anita

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec/1.1-SNAPSHOT/

> [...]
>       </plugin>
>       <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>         <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>
> <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
>
> <inputWebXml>${basedir}/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</inputWebXml>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>   </build>
>
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency>
>         <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
>         <artifactId>jasper-runtime</artifactId>
>         <version>${jasperVersion}</version>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>

>   <modules>
>     <module>demo</module>
>     <module>ldap-realm-demo</module>
>     <module>magicGball</module>
>     <!-- module>remote-deploy</module  -->
>     <module>uddi-db</module>
>     <module>uddi-server</module>
>     <module>console</module>
>     <module>welcome</module>
>   </modules>
> </project>
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!--
>
>     Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
>
>     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>     You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>     Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
> software
>     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
>     See the License for the specific language governing permissions
> and
>     limitations under the License.
> -->
>
> <!-- $Rev: 386910 $ $Date: 2006-03-18 21:13:26 -0500 (Sat, 18 Mar
> 2006) $ -->
>
> <project>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.applications</groupId>
>     <artifactId>applications-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>   </parent>
>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <artifactId>geronimo-uddi-db</artifactId>
>   <version>${geronimoVersion}</version>
>   <name>Geronimo UDDI Server Database</name>
>   <description>Geronimo UDDI Server Database</description>
>
>   <build>
>

>     <resources>
>       <resource>
>         <!-- ${project.build.directory} doesn't work in the following
> line. -->
>         <directory>${basedir}/target/resources</directory>
>       </resource>
>     </resources>
>

>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>

value="${project.build.directory}/resources/META-INF/${pom.artifactId}/var/derby"/>
>                 <property name="derby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog"
> value="true"/>
>                 <delete dir="${derby.system.home}"/>
>                 <mkdir dir="${derby.system.home}"/>
>                 <sql driver="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
>
> url="jdbc:derby:${derby.system.home}/UddiDatabase;create=true"
>                   userid="" password="" autocommit="true"
> onerror="abort" delimiter=";">
>                   <fileset dir="src/sql"/>
>                   <classpath>
>                     <fileset

dir="${settings.localRepository}/org/apache/derby/derby/${derbyVersion}">