geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re-migration to m2 - status and discussion.
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 17:03:01 GMT
inline..

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Migration+Status
>  - All the modules (with their tests) were successfully migrated.
>  - All the applications (with their tests) were successfully
> migrated.
>  - I believe some of the configs were migrated (Anita ?).
>  - The deployment and packaging plugins were migrated.
    The configs and plugin patch was never applied, because we had
decided to wait for the merge.

> So now, we should starting porting those changes back again into the
> new trunk.
>
> Jacek, should we open a new JIRA on the lines on 851 or should we
> continue to work with 851 ?
>
> Most of the patches with 851 can be re-applied as is

 but should be
> only after a careful screening. So continuing the same JIRA seems
> okay.
    I agree, it will be easier to refer to the old problems encountered
during the migration.
    A lot of dependencies were moved around in 1.1, so the old patches
to 851 are not likely to work as is. I had transported all the modules
from 1.2 to 1.1. I did lot of dependency pruning after that. I needed
most of the modules to test the plugin. If it is ok with you, I would
like to submit a patch for that. I think the applications should work
as is.

Thanks
Anita