geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Clarification requests on RTC
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 19:57:29 GMT
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:02:43PM -0700, David Jencks wrote:
> I'm unclear as to the required procedure for RTC.  Is it required to
> literally include the patch contents in an email to the dev list or
> does a link to a JIRA issue suffice?

A patch by reference is just fine. You're still getting multiple peers to
look at and review/comment on the patch. It is no longer a solo action,
but a group action.

> For an patch by a non-committer attached to a JIRA issue that I wish
> to apply, can I vote for it or does it in fact require 4 committer
> votes, as apparently a patch I come up with does?

You're the committer offering up a patch that you believe should be
committed to the repository. Sure, the patch happens to come from somebody
else, but you're the committer. Get three peers to support you, and you're
good to go.

Cheers,
-g

--