geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fairly big problem with tomcat integration
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 13:58:18 GMT
Comments inline..

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On May 7, 2006, at 6:56 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >     I have a similar concern with *Connectors. The attributes of
> the
> > connectors should be set only via GBeans. But using Jconsole one
> could
> > easily modify the attributes of the tomcat connector Mbeans,
> thereby
> > creating an inconsistent state and unpredictable behavior. It is
> very
> > easy to mistake one for the other. The new debug console would also
> > allow this.
    There are 2 sets of connectors (using JConsole) -

1. geronimo --> geronimo/tomcat/../car --> GBean --> TomcatWebConnector
2. Geronimo --> Connector --> 8080 --> %2F0.0.0.0
    I am not sure what has changed, but now they are working in sync.
Earlier If I modified maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes in 1, it changed
maxHttpHeaderSize in 2. But if I modified 2, it did not change 1.

> It looks to me as if any changes made to a tomcat connector mbean
> will be visible in the gbean console, but that the new value will not
>
> be saved in the attribute store (config.xml).  Changes made in the
> gbean console will be visible in the mbean server and will also be
> saved in config.xml.  Is this the behavior you see?
    How can I test this ?

Thanks
Anita