geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Change to commit model for Apache Geronimo
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 06:49:49 GMT
On 5/22/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:

> Due to concerns about how some changes have been getting
> made in the codebase, I am changing the commit model
> for the time being.
>
> Effective immediately, the development model for Apache
> Geronimo is changed from Commit-Then-Review to
> Review-Then-Commit.

Not that I don't like the idea as it may eventually help our community
to understand changes before they get applied and keep up the pace,
but...

Shouldn't *your* decision be voted as well or at least discussed here
openly, with the community to find out how they feel about our
cooperation/openness? What message are we sending out if *you* step
out and change the rules just like that? Just a thought many could
have come up with after having read it.

> #ken    P-)}

Jacek

--