geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Move blocker GERONIMO-1960 to 1.1.1?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 06:26:35 GMT

On May 23, 2006, at 11:04 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> +1 on excluding this from 1.1.  I agree it's not a blocker.
>
> I think client-corba needs a dependency on client-security, I
> thought it was there.  I'll try to investigate on the plane tomorrow.
>
> I expected you to fix this by modifying the ServiceConfigBuilder to
> check that the gbean reference was satisfied in the ancestor set
> when it is reading the xml.  This is what the other builders do for
> e.g. resource-refs, and I think it would be simple and non-
> invasive.  However, in any case I don't think this is a blocker....
> the worst that can happen is that you get an error later rather
> than sooner, you get essentially the same effect either way.

Umm, re this comment, I should think before writing :-)

A moment's further thought reminded me that the reason we can check
e.g. resource-refs when we process them is that we have a multistep
process in the j2ee module builders and when we resolve the
references we already know all the gbeans.  This is not the case for
service modules so the verify method you added or some other way of
introducing 2 steps would be necessary.

thanks
david jencks