geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How do we build/run the latest Eclipse plug-in?
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 19:07:17 GMT
Hi Sachin,

I am getting the same error when I tried to build the eclipse-plugin from
trunk.  I was hoping that I could run it as a second Eclipse instance using
the runtime-workspace, so I tried to import all plugins and fragments into
the workspace of my Eclipse , but saw many red errors related to "the
project cannot be built until the build path error is resolved".

So how should we build it?  Are you running this using Eclipse 3.2 and WTP
1.5 RCs?

Thanks, Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Woods [mailto:drw_web@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:23 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: How do we build the latest Eclipse plug-in?

How are we supposed to build the latest source from -
    geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk

There are no instruction on the Geronimo Subprojects - Devtools section,
so I tried running a Maven build (using 2.0.4) from the trunk directory
since there only exists a pom.xml now, by just running -
    mvn

but it fails with the following -

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-
plugins-parent/1.0/eclipse-plugins-parent-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.devtools
ArtifactId: eclipse-plugins-parent
Version: 1.0

   org.apache.geronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache
.geronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent for project:
org.apache.geronimo.devto
ols:config-store-service:jar:1.0
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:278)
         at
java:39)
         at
sorImpl.java:25)
         at
         at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot
find parent
: org.apache.geronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent for project:
org.apache.ge
ronimo.devtools:config-store-service:jar:1.0
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1161)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(Def
aultMavenProjectBuilder.java:674)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
leInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:416)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave
nProjectBuilder.java:192)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:515)
         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:447)
         at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:491)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:351)
         ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'org.apache.ge
ronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent' not found in repository: Unable
to downl
oad the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.geronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:513)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1157)
         ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.geronimo.devtools:eclipse-plugins-parent:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:136)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:63)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:467)
         ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable
to downl
oad the artifact from any repository
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(Def
aultWagonManager.java:260)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:124)
         ... 21 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 11 10:04:21 EDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]