geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <>
Subject Re: Simplify the welcome application
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:42:44 GMT
That's right. I'm looking at the 2nd part (acquiring samples).

I am encountering an error when I try to deploy the welcome
configuration after I undeploy it. The error is:

    Error: Unable to distribute Sum file already exists

The stacktrace goes like this - Sum file already exists
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.ConfigurationStoreUtil.writeChecksumFor(
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.ExecutableConfigurationUtil.writeConfiguration(
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore.install(
	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore$$FastClassByCGLIB$$968bf00c.invoke(<generated>)
	at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(

The welcome-jetty*.car being deployed is from the local repo and the
plan is from configs/welcome-jetty/target/plan/plan.xml. Would
appreciate any help in deploying the welcome app again.

On 4/28/06, Aaron Mulder <> wrote:
> On 4/28/06, Dain Sundstrom <> wrote:
> > Can we simplify the welcome application for the server?  I find the
> > shear amount of text on the page overwhelming.  I'm hoping we can
> > push the fine detail of to secondary pages.
> Do you have a proposal for what should go on the front page and what should not?
> > Also, what is the strategy for easily acquiring the samples?
> Someone was looking at that -- maybe pkashyap, I forget.  It was
> mentioned on IRC yesterday.  The deal is if you click a link to a
> sample that's not installed, it will explain and have a link to "click
> here to go to the plugin download page where you can install sample
> XYZ" or whatever.
> Thanks,
>     Aaron

View raw message