geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <>
Subject Build fails trying to delete a long dir path
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 03:14:46 GMT
Geronimo version 1.1.
Build platform: Win XP

While building the j2ee-installer assembly, it executes a clean:clean
goal that tries to delete the target directory. Now if a target dir
exists from before, there are chances that the clean goal might fail
based on how deep down the project root is.

Now I have my project root at c:\apache and that was too deep for the
files in the target dir to be deleted.

Is this a known problem ? Is there a JIRA to fix this ? One solution I
can think of, IF the clean:clean goal fails, is  to move the dir to be
deleted to say c:\tmp and then delete it from there.

    [echo] Running assemble:install for Geronimo Assembly for an
IZPack Installer
    [delete] Deleting directory

File...... C:\Apache\geronimo\maven.xml
Element... maven:reactor
Line...... 63
Column.... -1
Unable to obtain goal [multiproject:install-callback] -- C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator\.maven\cache\maven-clean-plugin-1.3\plugin.jelly:30:-1:
<ant:delete> Unable to delete directory
Total time   : 4 minutes 30 seconds
Finished at  : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:35:17 PM EDT

View raw message