geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 migration status
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:00:34 GMT
Comments inline -

On 3/30/06, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> On 3/27/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Having hit a roadblock with the assembly-plugin (details here-
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1737), I've moved on to
> > migrating the applications now.
>
> Hi Prasad,

Hi Jacek,

> I think I found a solution to this. What about keeping the list in
> pom.xml as <property>'s? It could process the list and do what the
> current plugin does. I'll have to give it a shot. If it doesn't work
> I'll commit the already-generated-by-M1-plugin files to the repo to
> let us move on.

Keeping the list in the <property> won't help. There is a lot more
information that needs to be passed to the plugin than just the name.
At the very least, there's the destination directory. Then there's
some special post-processing like copying schema files into a
flattened structure.

We cannot use the M1 generated plugin because it depends on tags in
the project.xml to work on. We won't have any such in our pom.xml.
We'll have to revisit this big time in a separate thread when the
config changes have stabilized.

> > Once Anita is done with the packaging plugin, we begin migrating configs.
>
> +1

Anita, how far along are you on the packaging plugin ?

> --
> Jacek Laskowski

Cheers
Prasad