geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Cannot build 1.1 on Windows - long file paths
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 01:34:38 GMT
Good time for everyone to go buy a Mac :-)

Is there any version of any windows fs that is not crippled with this
limitation?

Its a real pity that we have to work around muck like this... :-(

  * * *

What if the repo was not backed by a filesystem... but maybe a fast
database or something similar?  Then paths could be as long as we
want, but the physical representation could be tailored for lame
operating systems.

This would mean we need more tools to get at the data and to put in
the data... but I think that would be generally a good thing anyways.

--jason