geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: TranQL issue at SPECjAppServer2004 atomicity tests
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:26:40 GMT
David,

Thank you!

Well, replacing the .rar in deployment string resolved the problem...
And created another one :) that looks pretty much the same.

The main stack I see in the console is the same, however the cause for
it is slightly different (see further details and analysis below the
stack):

javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.ejb.FinderException: Error executing
statement: SELECT C.C_ID FROM C_CUSTOMER C WHERE C.C_ID = ?
        at
org.spec.jappserver.corp.customerses.ejb.CustomerSesEJB.checkCustomerCre
dit(CustomerSesEJB.java:246)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.corp.customerses.ejb.CustomerSesEJB$$FastClassByCGLI
B$$c445ce6f.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.openejb.dispatch.AbstractMethodOperation.invoke(AbstractMethodOperat
ion.java:90)
        at
org.openejb.slsb.BusinessMethod.execute(BusinessMethod.java:67)
        at
org.openejb.dispatch.DispatchInterceptor.invoke(DispatchInterceptor.java
:72)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ComponentContextInterceptor.invoke(Compo
nentContextInterceptor.java:56)
        at
org.openejb.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.invoke(ConnectionTrackingInter
ceptor.java:81)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolic
y.java:119)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.TransactionContextInterceptor.invoke(Transaction
ContextInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.openejb.slsb.StatelessInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessInstanceIn
terceptor.java:98)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolic
y.java:142)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.TransactionContextInterceptor.invoke(Transaction
ContextInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.openejb.SystemExceptionInterceptor.invoke(SystemExceptionInterceptor
.java:82)
        at
org.openejb.GenericEJBContainer.invoke(GenericEJBContainer.java:238)
        at
org.openejb.proxy.EJBMethodInterceptor.intercept(EJBMethodInterceptor.ja
va:129)
        at
org.openejb.proxy.SessionEJBObject$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$52a1c83e.checkCusto
merCredit(<generated>)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.servlet.helper.SpecAction.atomicityTestTwo(SpecActio
n.java:166)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.servlet.helper.SpecServletAction.doAtomicityTests(Sp
ecServletAction.java:1304)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.servlet.SpecAppServlet.performTask(SpecAppServlet.ja
va:166)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.servlet.SpecAppServlet.doGet(SpecAppServlet.java:96)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.j
ava:99)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:830)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:170)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:471)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:633)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
        at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244
)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
Caused by: javax.ejb.FinderException: Error executing statement: SELECT
C.C_ID FROM C_CUSTOMER C WHERE C.C_ID = ?
        at
org.openejb.entity.cmp.SingleValuedFinder.execute(SingleValuedFinder.jav
a:83)
        at
org.openejb.dispatch.DispatchInterceptor.invoke(DispatchInterceptor.java
:72)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ComponentContextInterceptor.invoke(Compo
nentContextInterceptor.java:56)
        at
org.openejb.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.invoke(ConnectionTrackingInter
ceptor.java:81)
        at
org.openejb.entity.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invoke(EntityInstanceInterc
eptor.java:136)
        at
org.openejb.entity.cmp.InTxCacheInterceptor.invoke(InTxCacheInterceptor.
java:90)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolic
y.java:119)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.TransactionContextInterceptor.invoke(Transaction
ContextInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.openejb.SystemExceptionInterceptor.invoke(SystemExceptionInterceptor
.java:82)
        at
org.openejb.GenericEJBContainer.invoke(GenericEJBContainer.java:238)
        at
org.openejb.proxy.EJBMethodInterceptor.intercept(EJBMethodInterceptor.ja
va:129)
        at
org.openejb.proxy.EntityEJBLocalHome$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2e548314.findByPr
imaryKey(<generated>)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.corp.customerses.ejb.CustomerSesEJB.checkCustomerCre
dit(CustomerSesEJB.java:243)
        ... 38 more
Caused by: org.tranql.ql.QueryException: Error executing statement:
SELECT C.C_ID FROM C_CUSTOMER C WHERE C.C_ID = ?
        at
org.tranql.sql.jdbc.JDBCQueryCommand.execute(JDBCQueryCommand.java:79)
        at
org.tranql.cache.cache.FindByPKCacheQueryCommand.execute(FindByPKCacheQu
eryCommand.java:66)
        at org.openejb.entity.cmp.CMPFinder.execute(CMPFinder.java:99)
        at
org.openejb.entity.cmp.SingleValuedFinder.execute(SingleValuedFinder.jav
a:80)
        ... 50 more
Caused by: SQL Exception: Schema 'MYAPP' does not exist
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Un
known Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unkno
wn Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.prepareStatement(ConnectionHa
ndle.java:231)
        at
org.tranql.sql.jdbc.JDBCQueryCommand.execute(JDBCQueryCommand.java:62)
        ... 53 more

This last diagnostic ("Schema 'MYAPP' does not exist") really confuses
me, as 'MYAPP' in deployment plan is username and password, I wonder why
they're treated as 'schema'?

Also the following diagnostic is displayed in the console:

04:00:27,468 WARN  [Transaction] Error ending association for XAResource
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.WrapperNamedXAResource@1981401;
transaction will roll back. XA error code: 100
javax.transaction.xa.XAException
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbedXAConnection.end(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.WrapperNamedXAResource.end(Wrapp
erNamedXAResource.java:51)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.endResources(Tra
nsactionImpl.java:524)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.endResources(Tra
nsactionImpl.java:503)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(Transac
tionImpl.java:444)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.rollback(
TransactionManagerImpl.java:155)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl$$FastClas
sByCGLIB$$14ee5fe0.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:118)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:800)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:36)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.ExtendedTransactionManager$$EnhancerByCG
LIB$$b4e53a4e.rollback(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.is
Rolledback(InheritableTransactionContext.java:283)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.co
mplete(InheritableTransactionContext.java:171)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.co
mmit(InheritableTransactionContext.java:146)
        at
org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolic
y.java:154)
[...]

Any idea what else could I be doing wrong to cause this?

Thank you very much!

Vasily Zakharov
Intel Middleware Product Division