geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Conrad O'Dea" <co...@iona.com>
Subject Re: celtix-geronimo integration redux
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:04:04 GMT
Hi Jeff,

On 6 Apr 2006, at 17:31, Jeff Genender wrote:

> But I *think*, you can shut off the gbean as I explained in my last
> email, then redeclare it in the config.xml.
>
> Here is an example of a new ConnectorGBean that is declared in the
> Tomcat configuration section of the config.xml:

Thanks for the information.

I've tried turning off the  GBean I'm interested in like this:

   <configuration name="geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car">
     <gbean name="WebServiceBuilder" load="false">

This definitely works.  The only problem is that the j2ee-deployer
then fails to start and this causes the entire server startup to
fail.  My config has already started a service that creates a
different WebServiceBuilder Bean but, I guess, as it is in a
different module, it will not be used by the j2ee-deployer service.

This works ok in trunk but there the WebServiceBuilder has it's own
deployment plan  so can be more easily replaced.  Without this
separation of deployer plans, I think I am snookered.

Is there any plan to refactor the plans on 1.1 to allow greater
separation between the deployers?

thanks
Conrad