geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Remove jmx-debug application
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:13:12 GMT
I think we should completely remove the jmx-debug application.  The
application is very ugly and hard to us.  Also doesn't allow you to
execute simple operations like setAttribute or invoke, so it is
really only useful for display purposes.  Instead a user can connect
to the server with jconsole in Java 5 or any of the other JMX
consoles out there.

For geronimo 1.2, I think we should look at integrating the new jmx
console that was donted by Simon Godik in GERONIMO-1163 into the
console as a portlet.

This will also remove one of the biggest users of the deprecated
ObjectName methods on the kernel.

What do you think?

-dain