geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 repo/configstore
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:07:23 GMT
I think having the index.properties to know what configurations will
be started on launch was useful information.  I'd like to see a
replacement for this in some form or another, perhaps something like
what we discussed on one of the other threads yesterday having an xml
file perhaps listing useful information about each application like
the full configID, state, messages, etc..., so rather having to go to
the console we have single file that users could go to.

In addition as far as the repo structure... I think something simple
would suffice for now just to break apart user apps from system
configuration and libraries.

../G11/repository/
../G11/applications/

Perhaps there may be some value later down to break it down even
further... as to seperate system stuff/users stuff/libraries/
configurations like so...

../G1.1/system/repository/
../G1.1/system/applications/
../G1.1/usr/repository  (libraries)
../G1.1/usr/applications (actual configurations)

I'm not completely thrilled on this structure but hopefully it will
bring trigger other ideas..

thx

- sachin