geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Shared Libs
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:24:48 GMT
I'm not keen on the shared libs concept either, but people are
familar with the feature from Tomcat.

I think we would get tons of emails from confused users if this
feature is not on by default.  When it comes to exporting
configurations, we could warn users that the application can see
shared libraries and they will have to install they by hand on the
target server.  Alternatively, we could allow the user to select the
shared libs to include in the export, and then we we do an import ask
the user if they want the jars added to the shared libs, or kept
private.

I think we should start with the first option as it is the easiest
and hopefully someone will implement the second.

-dain