geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum Failures
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:45:27 GMT

On Apr 9, 2006, at 9:23 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Well Safari just about crashes my machine trying to load the continuum
> report page, and it comes up with a text area like 10 screens wide...
>
> But UI aside, the long and the short if it is that the most recent
> failure was caused by an OutOfMemoryError.  I guess we need to bump up
> the configuration?

Yes, they've been failing w/ OOME's for a while. I've been curious
about why we're seeing a problem there, but more people aren't having
problems (besides the Windows build problems reported a while back).
I tried wiping out the cache and plugins in the GBuild 1.1 maven
repo, earlier today. That didn't seem to help.

A few more experiments, and then I'll bump up the heap size. I've
also temporarily disabled failure email notifications...

Well, looks like my first experiment is going to work... I removed
the 'clean' off of the build goal.

I see that we're up to 15 redundant copies of our log messages. I
doubt the logging, itself, is an issue. However, it's an indication
that artifacts of our junit tests are living for the lifetime of a
build... Cumulatively, I expect that they're adding up to a
significant amount of heap...

--kevan