geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:45:13 GMT

On Apr 11, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure I asked about it before, but can't find the answer.
> How can I upload Geronimo jars to Maven1 and Maven2 repositories on
> iBiblio. I'd like to use M2-ized version of some already-migrated
> modules, but since they're not available anywhere, but on my laptop
> it's not a viable option.

Jacek,
FYI -- http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

However, I don't think you want the modules on Ibiblio. Since they're
snapshots and apt to be changing frequently, you'll want them on an
Apache controlled repo. i.e. http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-
repository/

The maven 1 repo on Apache is automatically updated by GBuild.
Eventually, we'll want to do that for maven 2. For, now, you'll need
to place in the repo manually by logging into apache.org and placing
in the appropriate /www/cvs.apache.org/ directory. These are the
repos referenced by geronimo/specs/trunk/pom.xml. I assume trunk is
referencing the same...

   <distributionManagement>
     <repository>
       <id>apache-repo</id>
       <name>Apache CVS Repository</name>
       <url>scpexe://cvs.apache.org/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-
repository</url>
     </repository>
     <snapshotRepository>
       <id>apache-snapshots</id>
       <name>Apache CVS Development Repository</name>
       <url>scpexe://cvs.apache.org/www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-
repository</url>
     </snapshotRepository>
     <site>
       <id>geronimo-website</id>
       <url>scpexe://minotaur.apache.org/www/geronimo.apache.org/
maven/</url>
     </site>
   </distributionManagement>

--kevan