geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When already deployed application is hot deployed once gain , Server doesn't delete the module from hot deployed directory.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:09:00 GMT
> Could we just provide a single status file for all archives with info
> like... This way rather then a user having to traverse directories
> all the info is available in the single file.
>
> ARCHIVE, LAST PUBLISH TIME, LAST PUBLISH STATE, LAST PUBLISH MESSAGE

This is certainly an interesting idea and maybe a step toward
versioning of apps that are deployed in Geronimo. I like this idea a
lot, but I'm curious to discuss this in more detail. Based on the
proposed status above, how will this work when there are many copies
of a given app? Will the deployer subsystem need to rake all of these
files and then determine the version to actually deploy? I think we
need a richer model than that, especially when considering clustering.

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)