geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Update on Long Paths
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:57:02 GMT
Ever since I applied Prasad's patch for jaring the WEB-INF/classes of
our wars the server has been well under the windows path length
limit.  Unfortunately, you couldn't build the server on windows since
we actually assemble the server in a deeply nested path.

I just applied a patch from Joe Bohn that shortened the names of
nested modules in ears.  This has brought the longest path in our
build to:

229 assemblies/j2ee-installer/target/geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT/repository/
geronimo/jsp-examples-tomcat/1.1-SNAPSHOT/jsp-examples-tomcat-1.1-
SNAPSHOT.car/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jsp/jsp2/jspattribute/
shuffle_jsp$shuffle_jspHelper.class

So as long as you checkout path is less then 27 characters you should
be able to build on windows.

-dain