geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1 Code Freeze to start Monday 0600 PT - Ship 1.1 on Cinco De Mayo
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:26:25 GMT
Let's plan on a 1.1-beta some time between May 1 and May 8 if we think
most of the functional errors are fixed, then a 1.1-rc as soon as
we're comfortable with any fixes to the beta and we think all the
softer things like documentation and stuff are fixed, and then a 1.1
as soon after that as possible.  I'd be fine if we don't publicize the
"beta" but just use that as a milestone to the RC (and to work out the
issues around making sure there aren't dangling SNAPSHOT references in
our source and so on).

I definitely want to release no later than JavaOne, but earlier would
be totally fine with me if the stability is there and the docs have
caught up (so we won't be confusing people with the 1.0/1.1 syntax
differences, etc.).

Thanks,
    Aaron