geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Merging from 1.1 to HEAD
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:33:14 GMT
I vote we plan to freeze on a Monday rather than a Friday, so we get
the weekend to cram in the last bits.  :)  I know there are a still
ton of JIRAs with my name on them for 1.1.

I'm a little worried that there have been some showstopper bugs in 1.1
that were only found and addressed in the last few days, but I guess
we have some time after the freeze to stabilize and we'll see what the
TCK reports as far as the main J2EE features go.

As far as what I want to merge in from HEAD, the new keystore portlet
and the configuration import/export features -- it's all in that one
JIRA of "stuff to merge from HEAD to 1.1".

Thanks,
    Aaron

> I was travelling yesterday so apologies for the late reply.
>

> Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > So I'm putting some stuff into 1.1, some of which is related to config
> > IDs and some of which is not.
> >
> > My question is, for the stuff unrelated to config IDs, should I be
> > merging to HEAD right away?  Or is it going to be easier if I don't
> > and we merge "everything" at once later?
> >
> > I have also previously put some things into HEAD which I would like to
> > get into 1.1.  I assume I should merge those to 1.1 soon, because I
> > expect we will prepare the 1.1 release before attempting to fully
> > merge 1.1 into HEAD.  Is that right?
>
> Move them sooner than later.  The original plan was to freeze code on Friday.  We would
then work
> the stable branch to CTS compliance and if there was time left layer in other stuff.
 I really,