geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: New Feature: Configuration Import/Export
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:23:55 GMT
OK, I've put some more work into this feature.

Now you can have one Geronimo server download and install
configurations from another Geronimo server.  In other words, the
console has a servlet that behaves as a Maven repository, and the
configuration import process now supports repositories that use HTTP
Basic auth (for the console anyway; not the command-line tool yet).

I also changed the configuration list format to XML.  If you want a
sample, look at
http://localhost:8080/console-standard/maven-repo/geronimo-configs.xml
(in HEAD) and use the admin username and password (in this case it
generates the XML on the fly from the contents of your config store).

Finally, you'll no longer be prompted for Tomcat apps if you're
running Jetty and vice versa, and each configuration can say which
versions of Geronimo it supports and you'll only be prompted for
configurations where either no version was listed or there was a
version match.

Thanks,
    Aaron