geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the suppress-default-environment element in geronimo-config-1.1.xsd used for?
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:59:13 GMT

On Apr 9, 2006, at 2:01 AM, John Sisson wrote:

> I searched through the dev list but couldn't find a description of
> its use.

While there are undoubtedly other uses, the main use I know of is to
deploy connectors on an app client in a separate configuration (not
as part of a client plan).  The connector builder defaultEnvironment
includes some server configurations that won't work on an app client,
so you need to suppress the default environment and supply a complete
environment including all parents for a non-app-client configuration
you want to run on an app client.

Hope this explains something :-)

thanks
david jencks