geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Shared Libs
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:16:04 GMT
On Apr 5, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I think the shared libraries may solve this issue for a lot of people.
>
> Do you have some more thoughts on how this capability may be made
> available to users?  Looking at what was checked in already it
> seems that the user would have to create an array of the libDirs in
> code via some home-grown mechanism and then invoke your class to
> update the classpath.   Do you already have plans for an easier way
> to expose this to the users (perhaps via some server configuration
> or some new elements on the deployment plans to add new shared
> libraries)?

The code is not finished :)  Is that is will work exactly like
tomcat.  The code I checked is a GBean service that will be in a
standard configuration installed into the server.  As we deploy j2ee
applications they why have a dependency on this configuration.  When
the gbean in this configuration is started it will add the classes
and libraries to the class loader.  This will happen automatically
without any user interaction.

-dain