geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 repo/configstore
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:49:49 GMT

On Apr 6, 2006, at 6:26 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> So I just launched 1.1 and have a couple of questions...  So it
> looks like the repository now hosts both configurations and runtime/
> user jars.  This is really good but my concern is now that user
> apps are not located in a separate location and when looking for a
> given application I was overwhelmed and took me more time then it
> should to find my app.  So the question is would it be possible to
> provide multiple repositories and configurations would be deployed
> to it?  I'm not sure if this is possible or how complex it would be
> if it were possible and wether these multiple repo's could be made
> aware of each other.

We can organize the repos how every you want.  Just propose what you
want.

> Secondly is there an equivalent to index.properties?  If I wanted
> to uninstall an app, where can I find the fully qualified artifact ID?

No there is not an index.properties file.  As for how you get the
fully qualified artifact ID to uninstall an application, I think it
depends on how you got the application in the first place.  If you
know the directory in the repo, then you can work out the application
id from the directory structure.  If you got the application from a
running server, then you should already have the application id.

> Second question is that in 1.0 web apps were exploded so users if
> wanted could easily modify running content if they wanted.  This is
> no longer and I assume this is because both webcontainer have moved
> to using the configuation classloader is this assumption correct?

As you discovered they are directories.

On Apr 6, 2006, at 6:55 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:
> And just so I get my terminology straight... is the term "config-
> store" obsolete now? Or is there still a technical distinction
> between a config-store and repository?

At the filesystem level there is no config-store?  At least there
won't be one once someone mangages to remove it from the assembly
plugin maven.xml file.

-dain