geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Global JNDI
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:32:09 GMT
Hi, Guillaume
   I guess if a writable context is implemented still the approach given
above should work.   As we will be using the ENCConfigBuilder only to
populate the ENC during startup the interfaces can be used to refer to the
gbeans representing the deployed artefacts.   Whatever we will be writing to
context from apps would be done after startup of server and lost at
shutdown.  So there would not be any problem due to geronimo using
interfaces to get the GBean names as what we will be adding at runtime will
not be gbeans and we will not use ENCConfigBuilder.  Am I right?

Now a new property for jndiname will also be required in the plans for the
connectors.

P.S.This property was actually present in the older versions of geronimo but
was removed. I also remember david jencks mentioning in the mailing list
that he had a working implementation of a context which he removed for some
reason.

Thanks
Manu