geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject SunNameServiceTest failure on Linux
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:41:57 GMT
I'm trying to set up a Linux system for doing Geronimo dev in addition
to my usual Windows system.  When building, I'm getting a test failure
running org.openejb.corba.SunNameServiceTest.  Here's the failure
information:

<error type="org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE">org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed: No
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionTable.java:148)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionTable.java:65)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.GIOPImpl.getConnection(GIOPImpl.java:67)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:652)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:594)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve(InitialNamingClient.java:1105)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolveUsingBootstrapProtocol(InitialNamingClient.java:788)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.cachedInitialReferences(InitialNamingClient.java:1186)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve_initial_references(InitialNamingClient.java:1079)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.java:2436)
    at
org.openejb.corba.SunNameServiceTest.testOrb(SunNameServiceTest.java:70)
    at
    at
</error>

I appear to be getting some sort of connection failure trying to access
the naming service.  I'm running this in Fedora Core 4, with the Sun JVM
1.4.2_11 JVM.  The firewall and SELinux are disabled.  I can't think of
anything obvious that might be causing this problem.  The same code
builds and runs fine on Windows.  Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Rick