geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <>
Subject Re: Release 1.1 - Question about Java 1.5 Warning message
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:07:15 GMT
Users that deploy DayTrader or use CORBA EJBS will still encounter
problems when using JDK 1.5.

Is it possible to spit out some sort of conditional warning such as "JDK
1.5 not supported for CORBA" and "DayTrader application not supported on
JDK 1.5" for these cases?

Or at least "tone down" the JVM warning text at startup to be less harsh
and specifically mention only the known restrictions.

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> All,
> I wanted to clarify what our plan is for the JVM Check that is done to
> verify that a user is running on Java 1.4.  If someone chooses to accept
> the responsibility and use Java 1.5 it would be rather annoying to have
> this message come out every time.
> I think we have three options:
> 1. Leave it as is (warning comes out all the time)
> 2. Allow someone to set a property or other mechanism to tell the server
> to not to issue the warning message.
> 3. Take the message out because 1.1 will tolerate 1.5 and we're not
> shipping DayTrader installed so the javax.xml.namespace.QName problem
> won't be visible.
> Personally I prefer 3 if there are no other issues.
> Thoughts?
> Matt

View raw message