geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Release 1.1 - Question about Java 1.5 Warning message
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:46:06 GMT
All,

I wanted to clarify what our plan is for the JVM Check that is done to verify that a user
is running
on Java 1.4.  If someone chooses to accept the responsibility and use Java 1.5 it would be
rather
annoying to have this message come out every time.

I think we have three options:

1. Leave it as is (warning comes out all the time)
2. Allow someone to set a property or other mechanism to tell the server to not to issue the
warning
message.
3. Take the message out because 1.1 will tolerate 1.5 and we're not shipping DayTrader installed
so
the javax.xml.namespace.QName problem won't be visible.

Personally I prefer 3 if there are no other issues.

Thoughts?

Matt