geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.no...@worldonline.fr>
Subject Re: Implementing Global JNDI
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:36:37 GMT
Looking more closely, it seems I was wrong.
Gbeans with a j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory have a
connectionFactoryInterface attribute that gives the name of the main
interface to use when binding the object to the JNDI context.
For EJB, GBeans with a j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean (or EntityBean ...)
have attributes for the home and business interfaces.
So i guess it should be ok.

Another way to handle that would be to bind the resource to the global
JNDI tree when the resource is created: each configuration would contain
a list of gbeans to bind in the jndi tree when the configuration is
loaded.  Else, we will need some listener to listen to gbeans creation /
destruction so that we can bind / unbind them from the global jndi context.

A few questions:
 * I' m wondering how the global JNDI context will coexist with the
existing ENC context, especially if the global jndi context is
read-write ... Maybe there is no need for a local jndi context ...
 * what is the purpose of the jndiname property ? If this is the key for
a gbean in the jndi tree, I thought we could use the name attribute of
the gbean: "jdbc/TradeDataSource" , "jms/QueueConnectionFactory".
  * what about conflicting names for JCA resources... currently there is
nothing to prevent deploying JCA resource (or other resources that would
be bound to jndi) with the same name

Guillaume Nodet