geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject 1.1 - Development Freeze begins - Time to test, test, test
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:30:01 GMT
All,

We've reached the code freeze time for 1.1.  In order to get a respectable release out soon
we'll
need to focus on bug fixes, testing, deploying and running the server.  All changes should
be
checked in already.

In my opinion, people are waiting for 1.1 and expecting a reliable, solid server.  Solid from
the
perspective that it runs reliably and consistently.  I expect the nice folks over at the other
Open
Source AppServer projects are waiting to see how we do.  Let's show everyone that we're on
a track
for success.

Here is the major tasks we need to focus on:

1. Testing
Includes the all consolelinks, deployment from console, command line deployment, DayTrader
in all
modes of operation, performance, stress, etc.  This is the most important aspect of getting
be solid.

2. CTS Testing
Certainly a limited number of folks can work on this but whoever has some extra capacity talk
Kevan and I'm sure he'll have stuff to do.

3. Documentation
We've made several changes to the server in terms of the configIds.  Let's make sure we accurately

communicate the changes in the release notes for our users.

4. Focus
Let's stay focused on 1.1.  We've only got a few more weeks to go before our release goes
live.

5. Package Upgrades
As soon as we have a successful set of tests we'll upgrade the appropriate packages and cut
releases
of ActiveMQ, TranQL and OpenEJB.

We're almost there guys.

Matt