geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Jording <kingrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat version in G1.1 for clustering
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:20:29 GMT
Thanks Jeff,
    I will need to have a production quality deployment of Geronimo
ready within the next couple of months. One of the requirements is to
have some level of cluster node management facility. Initially my
thoughts are web service and WSDM/JMX mixes. If you are currently
working on such a facility perhaps I can just start contributing to it.
At the very least I will keep you appraised of my progress. From your
response I assume I should start with the clustering GBeans in the
various tiers and work my way up.

Thanks again
Matthew Jording

Jeff Genender wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Ultimately clustering should not be based on WADI directly, but for
> components that implement the session API interface.  We want to make
> clustering components pluggable, so there is no hard coded clustering agent.
>
> I am unaware of WADI's status regarding its implementation of the
> session API.  Jules or Greg would need to comment on this.
>
> We (Geronimo) will have a session clustering component that will be
> offered as a part of Geronimo that will implement the session API
> interface shortly. Its been a side project for a couple of weeks ;-)
>
> Relative to the Tomcat clustering, yes this is an interim capability to
> allow for clustering the web tier.  Although it will always be
> available, I believe we will have a more robust solution that works
> across all component in the near future.  Stay tuned ;-)
>
> Jeff
>
> Matthew Jording wrote:
>
>> Jeff, Dave,
>>
>>    I would like to implement a Geronimo Cluster Management Web Service
>> and need some additional information on the advances of WADI
>> integration. The current clustering examples seem to only be concerned
>> with tomcat web tier clustering and doesn't seem to use WADI to
>> facilitate the management of the sessions.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Matt
>>

>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>>
>>> Dave,